Great Morning Treat. Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
Baked Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal is great for serving a crowd or you can make a big pan and reheat it during the week. Great way to start the day....and keep you going until lunchtime.
2 cups rolled oats 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes 1/4 cup light brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 cups milk or almond milk 1 large egg 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 square baking dish and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. The coconut oil might get a little lumpy, but that is ok. It will melt when baking.
4. Arrange two-thirds of the blueberries on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the oat mixture evenly over the berries. Pour the milk mixture over the oats. Gently shake the baking dish to make sure the milk covers the oats evenly. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top of the oats.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
Enjoy my people!
Recipe Credit: Two Peas & Their Pod